2021 International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program)
The Talent Introduction Program of Postdoctoral International Exchange Program aims to fund excellent international young researchers (including Chinese and foreign nationals) who have obtained or about to obtain PhD degrees from overseas institutes (including those in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese university/institute.
The selected candidates would be co-funded for two years, by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) and the host institution: an allowance of 200,000 RMB each year shall be provided by OCPC and another 100,000 RMB per year by the host institution/group, which would be used for covering living expenses, housing allowances, social insurance and round-trip international travel expenses etc.
No more than 500 postdoctoral fellows shall be supported by this program in 2021.
1. The applicants shall be under 35 years old with good healthy condition.
2. The applicants shall be foreign national or Chinese, who have obtained or are about to obtain doctoral degrees within the recent three years from overseas university.
3. The applicants shall have obtained their doctoral degrees from a university in the Global Top 100 University List; or the discipline of PhD degree is ranked in the Top 100 discipline list (checking the latest information from Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Ranking and U.S.News & World Report as reference). Applicants from countries along “the Belt and Road”, shall graduate with doctoral degrees from top 3 universities of their country. According to the Framework of Cooperation for Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program, the requirement on university ranking or discipline ranking would not be necessary, if applicants with PhD degrees from Germany are officially recommended by Helmholtz Association (Contact: Dr. Hong HE, Beijing Office of Helmholtz-Association, 010-65907866, email@example.com).
4. The applicants shall contact a domestic research institution or university in China, which has postdoctoral research station, and get recommendation.
5. The applicants shall guarantee to conduct research activity for no less than 20 months in China during the two-year postdoctoral program.
6. The applicants shall have excellent academic achievements before applying for the program.
7. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
8. Domestic full-time employees are not eligible for applying this program; all the funded applicants shall conduct full-time postdoctoral research during the funding period of this program.
9. The applicants shall have never been supported by OCPC Postdoctoral International Exchange Program or Postdoctoral Innovative Talents Supporting Program.
10. In line with the above conditions, postdoctoral researchers, who have been in the station for less than 6 months before the deadline for declaration of each batch, can apply for this program.
Applying and Selection
1. From Feb 1st to Sept 30th, the applicants shall log on to the China Postdoctoral Website, and fill in required informatio, submit the application and upload related supporting materials.
1) Fund directly
The OCPC has adopted the selection criteria of "individual apply, host institution recommend, apply first decide first, fund directly" for the doctoral graduates from the world’s Top 30 universities (listed in the application system). This year, The OCPC plans to subsidize 150 people (including 100 Chinese and 50 foreigners), until quota is used up.
2) Review than fund
For applicants who are not directly funded, the OCPC will organize experts to review in two batches (the first batch is due on April 15, and the second batch is due on September 30).
The results will be published in May and October respectively.