International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program)
I. Project Introduction
The International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program) sponsors excellent PhD students from abroad (or from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan of China) and Chinese Mainland PhD students studying abroad to come (return) to China for post-doc research at host institutes in China. The sponsorship of the program covers two years, supported by the funding jointly provided by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) and the host institutes: allowances of 200,000 RMB per person per year to be provided by OCPC and matching grant of 100,000 RMB per person per year by the host institutes. Individual living expenses, housing allowances, social insurance and round-trip international travel expenses etc. of the researchers during their stay in China for post-doctoral research will be covered.
300 sponsored researchers will be arranged for 2019
1. The applicants must be under 35 years old, of good moral character, and in good health.
2. The applicants must be foreign nationals or returned overseas Chinese who obtained doctoral degree within the recent three years.
The universities where the applicants obtained their doctoral degrees must be among the top 100 universities globally; or, the disciplines of the applicants’ doctoral degrees be among the top 100 disciplines globally (taking the latest information of Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Rankings and U.S.News & World Report as reference). For applicants from countries along the Belt and Road, the universities where the applicants graduated with their doctoral degrees can be among the top 3 universities in their own countries. According to the Framework of Cooperation for China-Germany Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program, applicants who obtained their PhD in Germany, if with formal recommendation from Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft, are not subject to rankings of their universities or disciplines. (Contact: He Hong, Beijing Office of Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft 010-65907866 email@example.com).
4. The applicants may contact the mobile post-doctoral research stations or centers in China on their own and obtain official recommendations from the host institutes of the mobile stations or centers.
5. Be able to work in Mainland China for no less than 20 months during the two-year post-doc project.
6. The applicants must have yielded remarkable research achievements during their doctoral study.
7. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
8. In-service staff is not eligible for the program, and sponsored researchers must conduct full-time postdoctoral studies during the two-year project.
9. The applicants shall have never been sponsored by any international postdoctoral exchange fellowship program or postdoctoral innovative talents support program.
III. Application Timeline
Applications are accepted and reviewed by host institutions throughout the year. There are three application periods, and the OCPC will review applications received during each period before each deadline, namely 15th March, 15th June and 15th September (for example, applications received from the day this note is issued to 15th March will be the first batch under review in 2019, and so on).
Applicants who are postdoc fellows already being enrolled by a postdoctoral station shall enter the host station 6 months after the deadline of the application period when they submitted the application.
IV. Application and Review
The applications are filed by individuals and reviewed by the host institutes. OCPC will organize the review of the applications and announce the results. Please see the following details of the procedure:
1. Application Procedures
All applicants can log in the application system for “Exchange Programs Overseas or in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan” on www.chinapostdoctor.org.cn, the official website for post-doctoral programs in China, where you need to fill in required information and submit he Application Form of the International Post-doctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent Introduction Program) and scanned copies of your necessary original supporting materials. Meanwhile, the applicants need to send the host institutes printed version of those materials for application.
The necessary supporting materials include:
(1) Valid identity document;
(2) PhD diploma or certificate of oral defense. Doctoral students who have not taken oral defense can apply for the program first and provide your PhD diploma when register in the host institute.
(3) Certifications for major research and academic achievements listed in the Application Form.
Please find the Application Form on the official website of OCPC.
2. Review by the host institutes
The host institutes will collect, review the application materials and write their opinions on the Application Form. They will review all application materials submitted to the application system before the deadline of each application period (15th March/June/September) and form a Summary Table of the International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program). The Summary Table, along with the printed application materials will be sent to OCPC within the required time frame.
V. Announcement of results
Results of the review are announced respectively in May, August and November.